In the name of transparency—acknowledging that nobody has all their shit together, even the people that help other people get their shit together—I’d like to give y’all a little taste of how one of my personal Fear Stories tries to butt its way into my day to day. Basically, it offers me helpful little gems like this.
• How are you going to pay your bills working for yourself?
• You need to be making more money!
• It’s unrealistic to think you can make enough money
doing what you love.
• You need to stop dicking around and get a real job!
• Holy mother! Who’s gonna take care of you when the rent is due?
• You’re gonna end up on the streets or in debtor’s prison, so you might as well just lay down and die right now!